Tuesday, September 10
Strengths & Weaknesses of Current Preclinical Cannabinoid Research
09:00 – 12:00
The goal of the workshop will be to give an overview of the current state of preclinical research on cannabinoid-based therapeutic approaches, with emphasis on the effects of cannabinoids in animal models of pain and CNS injury/disease.
Specific topics to be covered will include:
• The types of cannabinoid-based therapies being tested
• The appropriateness of the preclinical models used across laboratories
• Potential issues surrounding disconnects between preclinical and clinical results
The workshop will be comprised of a lecture-based format as well as smaller group brainstorming sessions
Researcher – Oncology
Associate Director, Pain and Abuse Liability
Canopy Growth Corporation
Cannabinoid Formulations - Which Technology to Select for Pre & Clinical Assessments
13:00 – 16:00
Establishing an effective dosing and dose administration strategy is an integral part of the early development of your cannabinoid drug. It ensures both the effectiveness and the safety of it to your patients. This workshop will take aim at the critical issues surrounding the historical challenges that have been faced in cannabinoid formulation, as well as the technologies used for preclinical formulation and assessment of cannabinoids.
At this workshop, attendees will discuss::
• Cannabinoid Chemistry and New development opportunities.
• Approved Pharma Cannabinoid Products Critical Evaluation & Room for improvement.
• Enhancing the bioavailability of cannabinoids.
• Avoiding the issues associated with the first pass effect.