Pre-Conference Workshop Day
Tuesday, September 15
Taking a Deep Dive into CBD Clinical and Non-Clinical Evidence
09:00 – 12:00
Take this opportunity to examine amounting clinical and non-clinical CBD evidence with your peers and postulate what findings might mean for the future development of therapeutics with cannabinoid APIs.
Unpick data regarding dosing regimens and routes of administration to address bioavailability and optimize
your product profiles.
In addition, this workshop will explore CBD interactions with the ESC, with debate on what data may be needed to uncover the cellular MOA of CBD to further understanding of the molecule’s clinical potential.
Wake Forest School of Medicine
Associate Director of Cannabinoid Research
Canopy Growth Corporation
Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Investing and Financing for Early Stage Cannabinoid Drug Developers
09:00 – 12:00
This workshop will discuss the challenges in obtaining investments for cannabinoid drug development. Attend and equip yourself with the foresight to address financing roadblocks ahead of schedule.
Attend this workshop to discuss:
- Traditional drugs vs medical marijuana vs “Consumer and Consumer Health Product”
- The evolving US regulatory environment and the implications of this for cannabinoid drug development decision makers
- Analyze why there is a critical need for more robust scientific studies and what more of these could ultimately lead to
Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, Treasurer, Secretary, Board of Directors Member
Nutraceutical Progression and the Approved Botanical FDA route
13:00 – 16:00
A workshop to take you on a deep dive into cannabinoid application in nutraceuticals, a market forecast tremendous growth over the next few years.
Expert speakers will lead an interactive discussion on:
- Prescribable & non prescribable – how are medical practitioners responding to the changing landscape?
- Partnering with private vs academic
- Novel CBD foods and beverages and their perceived therapeutic value
Co-Founder, Chief Science Officer
International Research Center on Cannabis & Health
Director for International Regulatory Affairs
International Cannabis and Cannabinoids Institute (ICCI)
Dealing with IP and Market Exclusivity
13:00 – 16:00
For cannabinoid drug developers the intellectual property landscape is challenging to address.
Despite it being critical for organizations to differentiate themselves in the market, the industry’s guidelines for the creation and protection of IP are still evolving, making this issue difficult to address.
Make sure to join this workshop to get up to speed on
- IP strategies from pharmaceutical development applicable to CBD based drug development
- Alternatives to IP protection for securing market exclusivity
- Hierarchy and strength of protection offered by various IP methods
Kight Law Office
President and Chief Executive Officer